Support Online: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

question-circle Drop downs not working at all

More
7 years 4 months ago #15380 by Dan Hall
I am having problems getting the Mega Menu drop downs to work at all. I've set up the module and menu according the the documentation from what I can see.

My site is here in maintenance mode. ffdev2.net Let me know where I can send access credentials if you would like to take a look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #15383 by Huyen Tran
HI Dan.
Thank you for using our product.
Please give me link your site and your account of the administrator via mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I will check it for you soon

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 4 months ago #15385 by Dan Hall
Thanks for the reply, Huyen. I sent you an email with credentials.

More
7 years 4 months ago #15386 by Huyen Tran
Hi Dan.
I checked your site and find some issue:
1. Some CSS of your template that affects to our module and I fixed it by some code in custom CSS field in the advanced tab of module => you can refer them.
2. when You create a menu item( level 0) ex: Convention . Please don't set group for it and doesn't enter "px". please view image below prnt.sc/dh8hja

3. Current your template affects to the submenu of megamenu. But You have to edit in the template. because I can't add code that can override CSS in your template.
Please view image below:
prnt.sc/dh8iim
=> the solution: please go to /templates/home-grown/css/template.css find line 1223 and edit below:
#mainmenu li:hover ul,
#mainmenu li.sfHover ul {
z-index:999;
top:100%;
}
TO
#mainmenu li:hover > ul,
#mainmenu li.sfHover ul {
z-index:999;
top:100%;
}
Please check and feedback to me again.
Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 4 months ago #15405 by Dan Hall
Thank you, Huyen. That's a start. I edited the style you mention in the template.css file and some other styles. I need the "convention" drop down to be 10 columns like on the live site example that I sent you. For some reason on the development site it only does 6 columns even though it is set for 10, so the mega menu drop down is a mess.

Also, Is there a way to get the mega menu drop down to center on the page?

More
7 years 4 months ago #15409 by Huyen Tran
Hi Dan
Because You set center but your width is not sufficient for all submenu. Please give me some time,
I will check and feedback to you again.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 4 months ago #15410 by Huyen Tran
Hi Dan.
I checked your site again.
because of your setup, that is wrong. Please note some issue below:
1. when you set 10 column => please create 10 children. current you create 11 submenu item for "convention" item.
prnt.sc/diqltu
2. You have to setup width that sufficient for all submenu => they will can't override
prnt.sc/diqkyv
3. setup the dropdown to center on the page. Please select "center" for menu item as an image:
prnt.sc/diqmmd

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 4 months ago #15424 by Dan Hall
Thank you very much for you help on this. I'm starting to get it now. I have the Convention mega menu in 6 columns now. I have one spacer menu item after Exhibitors to force Sponsors into the next column. I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way that I could get the Lit Bags, Testimonials, Media , and FAQ into one column?
2. There is what appears to be black tool tips that randomly appear when I hover over the menu items. It doesn't happen all the time and I can't figure out what makes them appear sometimes and not others. Any ideas how to make sure they don't show up at all.
3. On the Convention mega menu drop down, when I go off hover the background color disappears, but the menu links stay there for a second. The other drop downs don't do that. Do you know how I might be able to fix that so that the menu links disappear at the same time as the drop down background when I go off hover?
4.For the mobile menu, is there a way to be able to scroll? That particularly needs to happen when I open the Convention link in the mobile menu. There are a lot of links in that sub-menu, but no way to see them all since I can't scroll the menu.

More
7 years 4 months ago #15454 by Huyen Tran
Hi Dan Hall
1. Please create a menu item that is the parent of some menu items( Lit Bags, Testimonials, Media , and FAQ). I create it on your site, Please refer them on your site
prnt.sc/dk15ru
2. The tooltip on the frontend? as an image below: prnt.sc/dk16vx

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 4 months ago #15474 by Dan Hall
1. That works for getting them into one column, but then that adds another directory to the URL and breadcrumbs. Is there any other way to accomplish this without effecting the URL and breadcrumbs.

2. No, not the standard tool tip. See screen shot. I have narrowed it down to see that these only show up on the testimonials page, which is currently here .

3. Need answer please.

4. Need answer please.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds