Support Online: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

exclamation-circle Issues that shouldn't exist!

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #14132 by Daniel
It goes without saying that his component has a lot of issues, but I'll say it anyways. There are plenty of bugs that exist because it would appear someone did not take the time to do a thorough update.

On the top of that list would be the "Fax" to "Mobile" change. Now I have made lots of changes to the component, but I know this problem was not me, because I have not yet changed any of the DB tables. Here are all the details about the "fax/mobile" issue.

The "Fax" input on the front-end of the agent profile was renamed "Mobile". The #_re_agents table was also updated to include the field "mobile" instead of "fax. However, in the back-end it was still called "Fax". No problem just update the en-GB files right? Wrong! Let's look at the php and xml.
/administrator/components/com_jux_real_estate/views/agent/tmpl/edit.php line:106
<div class="control-group">
  <div class="control-label">
    <?php echo $this->form->getLabel('fax'); ?></div>
    <div class="controls">
  <?php echo $this->form->getInput('fax'); ?></div>
</div>

/administrator/components/com_jux_real_estate/models/forms/agent.xml line:38
<field 
  name="fax" 
  type="text" 
  class="inputbox"
  label="COM_JUX_REAL_ESTATE_FAX"
  description="COM_JUX_REAL_ESTATE_FAX" 
  default="" />
I can tell you this will not query or send anything to the "mobile" field of the database! Both files should be updated to "mobile".

But the problem does not end here.
/components/com_jux_real_estate/views/agents/tmpl/default_grid.php line:39
<div><i class="jux-fa jux-fa-print"></i><?php echo $this->item->fax; ?></div>
Why is this looking for the nonexistent 'fax' and missing the 'agents_show_fax' check?

/components/com_jux_real_estate/views/agents/tmpl/default_list.php line:40
<?php if ($this->configs->get('agents_show_fax')) : ?>
  <div><i class="jux-fa jux-fa-print"></i><?php echo $this->item->fax; ?></div><?php endif; ?>

/components/com_jux_real_estate/views/agentrealties/tmpl/default_agent.php I edited this file and I don't know what line or what it said but it was also looking for the elusive "fax".

Oh and this was only ONE of the MANY problems I fixed.

There is such a thing as quality control! It helps a lot. Test to see if your changes did not cause more problems!

And for heaven's sake please add some
if (!empty(trim()))
or something to this component! Why must there always be a "Facebook" icon and have "Skype" listed even when no data is entered?!?!? If you do use that method the minimum requirements will be php 5.5.

You should have someone take a week and do nothing but fix the component. And while they are at it please change "Realty" to "Property" and "Realties" to "Properties". It sounds so much better!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Daniel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #14133 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Issues that shouldn't exist!
/components/com_jux_real_estate/views/agentrealties/tmpl/default.php is missing Google Plus in the list of social icons.

More
7 years 6 months ago #14468 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Issues that shouldn't exist!
Here is the next entry in the long list of issues that shouldn't exist.

In the following file /components/com_jux_real_estate/views/realty/tmpl/default.php on lines 301 and 303 the following code is missing:
' . JRoute::_(JUX_Real_EstateHelperRoute::getAgentRealtyRoute($agent->id . '-' . $agent->alias)) . '

Why do I say it is missing? Because there is an empty href="" inside a pair of <a> tags. This results in a property displaying a link containing the agent's picture that, because it is empty, defaults to the websites home page, not to the agent's page.

Even a crude quality control test should have caught this.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds