Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file Feedback after first use

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #12889 by Ian Shere
I have used RSMonials for years. Not a bad component, but developer isn't working on it anymore he said so decided to look around. On the face of it, JoomlaUX Testimonials looked good. So installed and used on the first site.

The Good:
Simple to use
Easy setup
OK layout out of the box

The bad:
No WYSWYG editor (why do testimonials component developers feel it's OK to leave this out?)
No integration of Google recaptcha
Entering the wrong captcha (frontend) sends you to a white page with an error in poor English "Sorry,Captcha of your input wrong, you again enter it again captcha" PLEASE, get a good translator - it should be "Sorry, you entered the wrong captcha. Please try again." Of course you should not totally lose the page which is what happens
Similar poor English in the buttons to load more testimonials - testimonials should be plural. Then, when you get to the end, the button says "No data more". It should be "No more data". Yes I can change these things in the ini file, but they should be correct.
The layout is good, but no easy way to alter colors of the layout
Finally, entering from the front end, previous testimonial names are changed to whatever the latest testimonial is submitted by

All in all, this is really a very poor piece of programming and I've wasted over an hour entering data and messing with it. It'll be getting deleted. Waste of my time.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Ian Shere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #12911 by Huyen Tran
Replied by Huyen Tran on topic Feedback after first use
Hi Lan Shere
Thank you for your feedback to our products. We will note and consider improving it.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 1 month ago #16042 by Daniel Riefstahl
"Entering the wrong captcha (frontend) sends you to a white page with an error in poor English "Sorry,Captcha of your input wrong, you again enter it again captcha"

Where can I edit this text please?

Thanks
Dan

More
7 years 1 month ago #16043 by Huyen Tran
Replied by Huyen Tran on topic Feedback after first use
Hi Daniel.
Thank you for using our product.
You can edit the text as below:
Please go to .../components\com_jux_testimonial\controllers\form.php
find line 338
echo "Sorry,Captcha of your input wrong, you again enter it again captcha";
You can edit by your text.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds