Support Online: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

exclamation-circle Work perfectly, just 2 minors bugs

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #41450 by Patrick Toulze
I just renew my subscription, I love this extension.

I update a website to Joomla 4 and I find 2 small bugs on 1.2.4.

BUG 1.
When “Description” is on in JUX Slider, the description appear with a small white question mark in a black lozenge at the end (Like a code error)
and I get this error/warning in my browser console
—> The byte stream was erroneous according to the character encoding that was declared. The character encoding declaration may be incorrect.
I use the new .htaccess from Joomla that change this.

.htaccess Update Concerning Setting the Content-Encoding Header

Before 4.2.9 the default htaccess.txt file contained erroneous code for appending the "Content-Encoding" HTTP header. This could result in double encoding errors when Joomla is installed in a subdirectory and both this directory and its parent directory contain an .htaccess file with this code. You should manually apply the necessary changes to any existing .htaccess file, as this file can not be updated automatically.

The old code:
Header append Content-Encoding gzip

The new code:
Header set Content-Encoding gzip

BUG 2.
• Also a text string is missing, just under the “Show Description” for the Tags Labels
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Patrick Toulze. Reason: Clearer and one error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #41454 by Jackie
Hi.
Thank you for your feedback.
If yes, please give us some screenshots about the issue. We will fix it soon.
This is how the module display on our site with Joomla 4. prnt.sc/N3lioHlznPTz
Thanks.

Best regards.
Jackie Nguyen.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #41456 by Patrick Toulze
Just test and it happen only on the “French” language side, English is fine no error.

In French I get —> The byte stream was erroneous according to the character encoding that was declared. The character encoding declaration may be incorrect.

The byte stream was erroneous according to the character encoding that was declared. The character encoding declaration may be incorrect.

Error happen in this following text:
Annonce Imprimée
   Client : Richard Bourque �

Not easy to send you a print screen, but you will see the same thing as above text (with the �)

• The real characters here is “&” and replace (with the error) with “�”

• In english the “&” Character display correctly

My database collation is the one recommended by Joomla —> utf8mb4_unicode_ci

This week, I will send the website on my live test server and you will be able to see it for yourself. I don’t need the description personally, but some other users can need it. I will come back here to tell you where to go.

Note: Also, you will be able to see the way use your component to show a portfolio ( with a small overrides). It permit, when you click the article image or title to see the article in the lightbox. This permit the user to overview all items/articles without being redirected anywhere.

SUGGESTION:
Maybe you can add this possibility in your components, that will be great to be able to set it this way without override.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Patrick Toulze. Reason: Add Suggestion

More
11 months 2 days ago #41465 by Jackie
Hi again.
Please let us know when your site is available. We will check and help you fix the issue soon.
Thanks.

Best regards.
Jackie Nguyen.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds