Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

exclamation-circle Simple change breaks menu structure

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #37447 by Randy Garbin
I'm sorry to say that this module continues to give me considerable grief. It's still wildly unstable and unpredictable.

Today, I attempted to make what I thought was a very simple change to the menu item arrangement. I wanted to group a third-level menu with its second-level parent. After I saved the change, I came back and found the entire mega menu arrangement completely undone. It's now a standard drop-down with flyouts.

Aside from restoring from a backup, which will take me upwards of two hours that I don't have, what needs to be done and MORE importantly, how can I trust this module if it breaks like this?

All the login information previously supplied to you is still current.

Addendum: I just noticed that none of the changes I try to make apply after saving. It's supposed to look like what you see here:

72.94.195.9:8888/bmpc2020/
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Randy Garbin. Reason: updated information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #37448 by HaiND
Hi
I'm sorry but I don't know why this is happening to you, there aren't any customers who have the same problem with you,
I don't know what you changed or caused problems, I tried to fix some code and now you try setting it up again.
Hope it will help you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
4 years 4 months ago #37452 by Randy Garbin
The main problem then is the fact that any change I make to the menu does not get saved. Why would that be?

Right now, there's not even a "home" link on the main menu because the module will not save any changes to that button. Right now, I'm trying to re-install the graphic that represents the home button. This is the url:

images/BMPC_Logo_no_arch_white.png

When saving, the module does not apply the change. Why? Please help as this is basic support for which I paid.

More
4 years 4 months ago #37458 by Randy Garbin
I'm sort of happy to report that I figured the source of the issue. It might help you to file this away for future reference.

The module conflicts with the Helix compression of javascript files. When that is engaged, any change, large or small, will revert the module to its default state and make it impossible to make further changes.

More
4 years 4 months ago #37460 by HaiND
Hi
I will try it with Helix and if there is a problem, we will research and update it in the future
Thank you feedback your positive

Best Regards
--HaiND--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds