Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file Module opening links on homepage component

More
7 years 2 months ago #15620 by David Standing
It seems this might have come up a couple of times on the discussion board but no answer has been replayed - just a request to access the site.

I want the 'Read more' link to open the details page (as if clicked from the grid layout page) and not the details in the component on the homepage layout.

The url for the site is:

www.cranmorepark.co.uk/

Not sure if I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #15623 by HaiND
Hi
Thanks for contacting and choosing our product
About your problem, you want to click on "read more" to display another page of the component , you need to create one page with list event
Please go to back-end -> menus -> create page: as image bellow
prnt.sc/duiwru
prnt.sc/duiwyn
Hope it can help you,
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
7 years 2 months ago #15631 by David Standing
That page does already exist and I have a separate link going that page with all the events listed on it:

www.cranmorepark.co.uk/forthcoming-events/events/grid

I had also created a separate menu item solely for one of the events to see Joomla would pick that up.

Having just looked at it again, I noticed that the individual event menu item had defaulted the Access to Author. Once I changed this to Public, for some reason all the events with the Read More links in the module position on the front page now open up as if clicked on from the above events grid page.

It doesn't inherit the url slug of the single event page but even though I only created one single events page for one of the events, the Read More links now work for all events - not just the one created.

I hope that all makes sense.

Essentially, although the behaviour seem a little odd, I do now pretty much have what i want.

Thanks

Andrew

More
7 years 2 months ago #15655 by HaiND
Hi David Standing
Thanks for feedbacks, sorry for late reply
About your problem, I'm sorry but when you clicks on the details, full details will be displayed in the page list and function of the detail page only 1 item you have selected in the back-end
we hope to receive empathy
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds