Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file meta title in event page is EVENTS not title of event.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23043 by athanasios zisopoulos
dear Haind i have a last request for jux event on...
when we post the links of an event on facebook , it does not show the title of the event but instead it shows the word <<Events>>.
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="description" content="noizy.gr" />
<meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
<title>Events</title>
see the code of the following page.
www.noizy.gr/events/event/685-o-thanatos...ts-tou-leo-tolstoy-2

can you please fix this...so that <title>Events</title> to be <title>title name of event</title>? thanks
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by athanasios zisopoulos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #23105 by HaiND
Hi athanasios zisopoulos
Thank you for feedback us
You can send information login back-end via email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I will check it for you soon
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 5 months ago #23113 by athanasios zisopoulos

More
5 years 5 months ago #23117 by HaiND
Hi again
I check and don't see problem
You can describe the problem in more detail or send me one image of the problem via: prnt.sc/
I will check it for you soon
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23132 by athanasios zisopoulos
i send another event page with english title... to explain....
https://prnt.sc/lfuvei
www.noizy.gr/events/event/875-matilda-the-musical-4

title of event is MATILDA THE MUSICAL
when you open the source code ...

<title>Events</title>

i want the last line
<title>MATILDA THE MUSICAL</title> when i post the link of the event in facebook it does not take the MATILDA THE MUSICAL but tthe title events

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23133 by athanasios zisopoulos

More
5 years 5 months ago #23138 by HaiND
Hi again
I understand what you say
But this is due to the way facebook loads, not the issue due to our extension
Our products can not interfere with how to load post of facebook
Hope you understand and look forward to receiving sympathy
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23145 by athanasios zisopoulos
No facebook is a standard for years now.and google,bing,Yahoo etc. too have the same issue...they have as standard to use the title <title>/<title> when fetching a page if an event has a title this title should be generated on top as an title in the metatags section of the page and not to render everywere the component's name like now.
see the example of the image here.... prnt.sc/lg9boq all events have the same title....<EVENTS> you must fix this is important it has nothing to do how facebook or goggle catches the pages because there is no title for them they can not take the title its so difficult to understand?

..there must be a way to render <title><?php echo $title; ?></title> FROM `jos_jux_eventon_events` table. like articles do..
i want to believe that you have at least the basic seo fundamentals of what is the minimal importance of a webpage should have a separate title it is time consuming to paste manually the the titles on tweets facebook and other social places and unfriendly for search engines and user experiense when someone search for an event of Ariana Grande on google and must read every description...and not the title...that is a plain <<EVENTS>> word as a link. when others would have <<Ariana Grande live>> i am sure he will click the <<Ariana Grande> and left out our <<Events>>Link.

More
5 years 5 months ago #23162 by HaiND
Hi again
I think everything that is displayed in the page event and url is the page event that it will show the event title
Ok, I will try to check this problem again and if it is not correct I will try to fix it in the future
Hope you understand and look forward to receiving sympathy
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 5 months ago #23176 by athanasios zisopoulos
Yup thats the problem.,...the pages of an event should have the name of the event as a page title...instead of the components name..
Any way i will still use the component..but as i said in google and bing. is a must to have the Name of the Event in the link....thats what users search for to click. The eye will catch this first in a page of results because is bold and its the link that has the searchword they use.And this will be the one that they will actually click. ....
The preview text in goggle is difficult to read and if the content of the event does not start without the name of the artist or the events name in the firsrt line user is not going to see it at all and he will not click on it.
Thanks for the quick respond i just want this because i believe that your component is a good one and this feature is priority one to make it better. Thats all.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds