Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

lock Multi-row mega menu

More
9 years 8 months ago #1738 by Erin Mckeage
I have a full width mega menu item with 10 sub-items underneath it.

I am trying to follow the instructions from here: wiki.joomlaux.com/document/jux_megamenu/#!/examples to set up multirow but are having a difficult time understanding them.

What are "rows"? Are they menu modules or jux mega menu modules?

Under "Detail:" what are you setting submenu and menu items position at?

Basically I am not clear on the steps are you detailing and need further clarification on the whole process.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • linhnt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1742 by linhnt
Replied by linhnt on topic Multi-row mega menu
Dear erin.mckeagei,

Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
Attached image below is an example created demo parent menu (MutilRow):

It consists of 2 rows is : Submenu Items 1 (row 1) and Submenu Items 1 (row 2).
Submenu Items 1 (row 1): Consists of 4 columns ( 4 column that includes: A1,A2,A3,A4) so that be configured as 4 columns.
Submenu Items 2 (row 2): Consists of 2 columns ( 2 column that includes: A5,A6) so that be configured as 2 columns.

With submenu items 1 ( row1) and submenu items 2: You set up as a guide.
Menu A1,A2,A3,A4 of submenu items 1(row 1), Menu A5,A6 of submenu items 2 (row 2).
With Menu A1,A2,A3,A4 and Menu A5,A6: You set up as a guide.

Best regards,

Linh nguyen
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by linhnt.
More
9 years 4 months ago #2146 by voltaire
Replied by voltaire on topic Multi-row mega menu
Wait and Hi! Love your extension but I think you are missing the question he asked... im having the same issue you are missing a few steps here so im stuck as well... these are the instructions you have on your site pasted below, its great but more explanation is needed on button or submenu type... please answer the RED area thx...

--> Then after creating menu items, you must have the configuration as the following to have the display like in picture above:
◾ Demo parent Menu ◾ Columns: 1
◾ Group: No

The step below it says create 2 submenu items it does NOT say what TYPE of button to make it article? text separator? what? remember when creating menu items in joomla it always asks what type of button first also if its an article button what do we target? a single page?
◾ Create 2 submenu items with the following configurations: ◾ Detail / Parent Item: Demo parent menu
◾ Advanced Options / Parameters / Show title: No
◾ Columns: number of columns (or submenus that you want to display in this row) In this example, we have 2 (columns) and 4 (columns)
◾ Group: Yes

Detail:
◾ Submenu Items 1 ◾ Detail / Parent Item: Demo parent menu
◾ Menu Title: Row1 (this is not required)
◾ Columns: 4

◾ Submenu Items 1 ◾ Detail / Parent Item: Demo parent menu
◾ Menu Title: Row2 (this is not required)
◾ Columns: 2

◾ Menu A1, A2, A3, A4 ◾ Detail / Parent Item: Row1
◾ Columns: 1
◾ Group: Yes (this is not required)
◾ Submenu width: enter your desired width for submenu (any size). In this example, A1 and A2 has different widths which are bigger A3’s & A4’s. The total width of 4 columns is not necessary to be equal with parent menu’s width (they can be smaller).

◾ Menu A5, A6 ◾ Detail / Parent Item: Row2
◾ Columns: 1
◾ Group: Yes
◾ Submenu width: enter your desired width for submenu (any size).

So, we can sum up 2 notes which are needed to pay attention to:
◾ You should configure parent menu with Column = 1
◾ Base on your desired arrangement, create correspondingly number of submenus to be rows to contain data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mehrdad
More
9 years 4 months ago #2147 by Warren Howell
Replied by Warren Howell on topic Multi-row mega menu
I am having the same problem trying to build rows.

Can you post a screen shot of the actual menu back end to see the hierarchy of the menus you are illustrating below.

I must be missing something and I can't figure it out.

I just keep getting a single column. Unable to put the sub-menus into separate columns.
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #2150 by voltaire
Hey guys if anyone has successfully created a multi row nav please post what you did or answer our questions here, ive tried and tried and I also end up with only one long column, please note I HAVE successfully created a staggered multi column mega menu but I need to specifically arrange the columns so everything fits nicely, and that is only achievable through the multirow instructions.

here is what ive done so far again not working.....

I've setup one main button that's the parent item for the drop down
I set it to only 1 column
group no

then I setup two new buttons that are under the main button (didn't know what type to make them so I made them single article buttons targeting a blank article, this is the part that wasn't explained in the instructions - butty type??)
I called them for reference row 1 and row 2 both I set as columns 4 and set them to grouped and set the parent item to be the one main button

I then setup the button I want to show in row 1 and set it to 1 column group to yes and its parent item to row 1
I did the same with the second button I want to show in column 2 in row 1...
I did the same with the third button I want to show in column 3 in row 1...
when I hit save to test it shows everything still in one long column

what am I doing wrong guys! if anyone can answer this itll help everyone in this thread thx!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by voltaire.
More
9 years 4 months ago #2151 by voltaire
hi I see you sent a png file to view but its no longer available I would love for you to repost it thx

linhnt wrote: Dear erin.mckeagei,

Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
Attached image below is an example created demo parent menu (MutilRow):

It consists of 2 rows is : Submenu Items 1 (row 1) and Submenu Items 1 (row 2).
Submenu Items 1 (row 1): Consists of 4 columns ( 4 column that includes: A1,A2,A3,A4) so that be configured as 4 columns.
Submenu Items 2 (row 2): Consists of 2 columns ( 2 column that includes: A5,A6) so that be configured as 2 columns.

With submenu items 1 ( row1) and submenu items 2: You set up as a guide.
Menu A1,A2,A3,A4 of submenu items 1(row 1), Menu A5,A6 of submenu items 2 (row 2).
With Menu A1,A2,A3,A4 and Menu A5,A6: You set up as a guide.

Best regards,

Linh nguyen

More
9 years 4 months ago #2152 by voltaire
Erin, I know support is in a different time zone but if you have the answer to this please send it to me thx! or post how to setup the buttons for the multirow im pulling my hair out here lol and im working on a city website thx!!!!!!
More
9 years 4 months ago #2153 by Warren Howell
Replied by Warren Howell on topic Multi-row mega menu
With a lot of testing and experimenting, I've found a few bugs you need to work around.

"I've setup one main button that's the parent item for the drop down
group no"

Be sure to add the column width to this first main button. It won't work without it. I added the width to all three boxes to get it to work. Without this, it doesn't allow the width for the multi columns, thus forcing it to a single column.

Try this first, I also have a few other tricks depending on the layout.
Attachments:
More
9 years 4 months ago #2154 by voltaire
you rock ill give it a shot thx!!!!

vast wrote: With a lot of testing and experimenting, I've found a few bugs you need to work around.

group no"

Be sure to add the column width to this first main button. It won't work without it. I added the width to all three boxes to get it to work. Without this, it doesn't allow the width for the multi columns, thus forcing it to a single column.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2155 by voltaire
your reply was fantastic it worked like a charm but now I have a question and is there another way to do this, should I even be using multirow... it worked but look at my dilemma...I attached a pic... id like to move columns up to butt up against the ones above.. I understand this might not be possible because they are separated in rows.. so what would be another way?

vast wrote: With a lot of testing and experimenting, I've found a few bugs you need to work around.

group no"

Attachments:
Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds