Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file How do I create a short web address

More
6 years 9 months ago #17573 by Brad Simon
On my Joomla 3 website (https://www.m2820.com) and in the main Mega Menu at the top, if I add a new menu item by adding a "Single Articles," the web address is something like this:
www.m2820.com/articles/sunday-school/teaching-sunday-school

As you can see, it adds the full menu path since that article is within the article section on the menu, then in the sunday-school flyout menu. However, what I want is:
https://www.m2820.com/teaching-sunday-school

In other words, I want the domain name, then the article name. Nothing else.

I can currently accomplish this, this way:
1. Create a submenu
2. Place my articles in that submenu
3. Create new Mega Menu item in my main menu by linking to the articles in this submenu.

Of course, this seems like a round about way of doing this, so I'm asking, "Is there a better way of doing this? If I don't want long html address paths, what is the best way to create short paths that only include my domain name (https://www.m2820.com), plus the article name (or path)?

Teaching to Transform Not Inform

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #17600 by HaiND
Hi Brad Simon
Thanks for contacting and choosing our product
About your problem, I'm sorry. Please give me link your site and your account of administrator via private message or mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I will check it for you soon
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #17609 by Brad Simon
I would prefer to not give that information out. It is a basic question. Can you please just answer the question. If you were going to include this in a how-to tip, what would you say?

Here is the question again:
On my Joomla 3 website ( www.m2820.com ), no matter what the person clicks within the Mega Menu at the top of each page, I don't want the entire path to show in the browser address bar, but only my domain name ( www.m2820.com ) plus the article name.

So, I do NOT want this:
www.m2820.com/ articles/contact/contact-us

Instead, I want this:
www.m2820.com/contact-us

So, how to I do this with the MegaMenu?

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Brad Simon.

More
6 years 8 months ago #17616 by HaiND
Hi Brad Simon
Thank you for feedback us
I try clicked on "Newsletter Sign Up" and I saw your url correctly
prntscr.com/fzvvos
prnt.sc/fzvvi2
I can not go to the urls you mentioned above, and I found the url as the picture I took was very short
Hope you undertand
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
6 years 8 months ago #17625 by Brad Simon
I realize my web addresses are currently short. That is because I set them up like I described in the very first post. In other words, to create short web addresses, I first create a separate menu and link new articles to that separate menu. Then, I link the Mega Menu to that separate menu. When I do it that way, it creates the shorter web address.

So, what I'm asking is, is there an easier way of doing this? I don't want to have to first create a bunch of separate menus, then link the mega menu to those. I want to create a new article, link the mega menu to that article, AND have a short address.

More
6 years 8 months ago #17651 by HaiND
Hi Brad Simon
Thank you for feedback us
I'm sorry but I think it's the only way to create the right menu and make it shortest
Because creating sub menus and linking to the parent menu is the thing to do
Hope you understand
THanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds