Support Online: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

question-circle Trying to locate Search box css style w/firebug

More
8 years 1 month ago #11307 by AGab
Hello..

I use Firebug while I develop my websites.. but I'm noticing that the location of code according to firebug is not the same when I search in the css code files. I need to locate header-search box to move higher. I extended my menu items and it overlaps. Thx
a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #11318 by Sang Manh
Hi,
To find file css, you can login backend, then go to template -> tab Gerenal and turn off Optimize CSS.
Hope this help you.
Thank you!

Sang Manh

More
8 years 1 month ago #11320 by AGab
Ok.. let me try really quick.. don't go anywhere

More
8 years 1 month ago #11321 by AGab
Um.. it is off.. what does this have to do with locating the css style code. To find header-search. I thought I have to go to

Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #11324 by AGab
I found the code in the template details template css file.. but I can't figure out how to save it. Weird but I don't know how to save the changes.. thx

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #11325 by Sang Manh
Hi,
You can go to template/jux_petcare/local/css/template.css (line 4309).
However, you shouldn't write in template.css because when you update version, it will remove.
Instead, you can create new file with name custom.css in path: template/jux_petcare/css and write code in it.
Hope this help you.
Thank you!

Sang Manh
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Sang Manh.

More
8 years 1 month ago #11328 by AGab
well.. that's where I am and I went in through my default template (copied from original) and I'm able to edit and save. But, I've never worked with T3 and all this other Css code together. I made the change, it saved but I don't see the change on my site. I've never had this issue before. why is there css/template css and everything else. I can tell it's not mine because I don't see my changed labels.

I also need to move the logo over, menu over, etc. Again.. I just know Joomla 3.4 css code. I've never used all of this other T3.. and whatever. I might have to inject code via template custom code. I don't like to do this.. but we'll see.

I just need to know which is the correct template.css file
a

More
8 years 1 month ago #11329 by AGab
Fire bug is telling me the file is located mydomainname.com/t3-assets/css/css-7ae02.css?t=337

Where is this t3-assets css file.

I do not want to have to go into my server to locate the file.. that takes entirely too much of my time.

More
8 years 1 month ago #11332 by AGab
OK.. I did it.. the line was further down.. but I found it.. some reason any time I use firebug with Mozilla it always misleads me.. but when I use Google Developer Tools.. its right on and it agreed with your direction. However, I could not find this path under template details.. so I'll just use the file on my server.. I can leave it open. Thanks
a

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds