Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file Do Not Like K2 - Can I remove it

More
5 years 9 months ago #20928 by AGab
Hello,

I am not comfortable using this K2 install with this template. I want to use the regular Joomla .. Using K2 I don't see how to edit the front end like regular Joomla, I just find it more difficult to navigate. I know its suppose to be better, but its too time consuming for me. Can I uninstall it and will it mess up this template that I purchased. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #20930 by HaiND
Hi
Thank you for feedback us
I'm sorry but the templates mainly take the posts of k2 to display, if removed it, the functionality of the templates will be reduced and incomplete, we also have to custom code a lot if not using k2 still want to show a perfect
Hope you understand and look forward to receiving sympathy
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 9 months ago #20931 by AGab
Well, I am really disappointed and although its been awhile since I purchased the template, wish I knew before the purchase because I would have not made the purchase. One reason its taken me so long to use it is because its been too complicated for me to figure out. I have been fairly new to Joomla and definitely not interested in learning something more. It's pretty confusing.

I need to have more flexibility in adjusting the menu size, moving search position, and using css code is not the same as a regular joomla template. I'm not happy about this. Do you mention which templates are regular joomla and which have k2.

More
5 years 9 months ago #20932 by HaiND
Hi
I'm sorry but I do not know what you find difficult to set up and you want to use templates for the purpose.
You can tell me or you can refer to other templates here
demo.joomlaux.com/#metro
And if you find the right template I will advise you on the function as well as using k2 or Joomla Content
Hope it will help you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 9 months ago #20934 by AGab
Also.. where is the front end editing options like in regular joomla templates .. I have checked Front End Editing for me, Admin, super user. But where is the option to click on a module and edit it on the front end? Thanks
a

More
5 years 9 months ago #20935 by AGab
Well, I don't want to have to purchase another template. I am using Petcare, demo version so I still have all the modules, articles names, etc. that came with the template..
a

More
5 years 9 months ago #20936 by AGab
Also, what is Theme Magic and do I need it. Can I just keep my Joomla Templates simple.. I don't want to state who else I purchase Joomla Templates from and they do not have all of these extra characteristics. But, what is Theme Magic.
a

More
5 years 9 months ago #20957 by AGab
Hello.. can you please answer my other questions. thanks
a

More
5 years 9 months ago #20959 by HaiND
Hi
Thank you for feedback us
You can edit the front-end by going to the back-end templates and clicking "them magic".
prnt.sc/jxgt5n
where you can edit the theme and preview to your liking
hope it will help you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 9 months ago #20971 by AGab
Hello.. well I can't tell how to move items around, for example I don't want the search box in the position. Theme Majic does not give me a lot of options to move stuff around, and seems I can only see items either using developer tool or Template Previews. But usually I can click on the front end, go to the module and move items around, even adding some css code.

Should I have ignored the quickstart? This has been way too time consuming .. 10hrs and I'm getting nowhere. If I can't get these changes to occur, I'm abandoning the template and going elsewhere..

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds