Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

lock Fixed height but variable width to stop distortion

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3664 by Andy
Just getting going with Logo Showcase.

How do I stop my logos getting distorted when they aren't perfect squares? I've tried to set the Image width to blank so that they are all the same height, but variable width to keep their dimensions... but this doesn't seem to work as it always re-populates the width at 100px????

I'm really hoping I don't need to manually make all my images box size?!?!?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3679 by NT
Hi Andybon,
Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
About your problem: you can select the image height: 0, then the value 100 will not appear.
If you would like to empty config Image height that does not appear worth 100.
Please log on to the back-end modules Jux logoshowcase:
-> mod_jux_logoshowcase.php -> line 29 changed to $img_height = $params->get('jux_img_height'); and
-> mod_jux_logoshowcase.xml -> line 241 changed to <field name="jux_img_height" type="text" default=" " label="MOD_JUX_LOGOSHOWCASE_FIELD_HEIGHT_IMG_LABEL" description="MOD_JUX_LOGOSHOWCASE_FIELD_HEIGHT_IMG_DESC">
If that does not help you, please send me the account and your site. I will check for you.

Regards,
-- NT--

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #3702 by Andy
Thanks for your help here. I tried 0 in the module parameter but then the images just don't show at all front-end... so I tried your code tweak suggestion which worked but it did give me some irregular spacing between the logos.... would you be able to see if you can see any easy fix to that...
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Andy. Reason: removing URL
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3719 by NT
Hi Andybon,
Thank you for feedback us.
Really sorry that I can not help you, distance between the image it will be JS calculated. When you do not choose the width for the image, it will JS miscalculation led to problems as you.
Please select the width of the image.
Regards,
-- NT--

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3733 by Andy
OK understood. I'll just manually prepare all my logos then. Unfortunately not all my client logos are the same dimensions... Some are square.... some rectangular.

Thanks for the quick responses though.
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3735 by NT
Hi Andybon,
Really sorry did not help you. If you have any problems about products, please contact us.
Regards,
-- NT--

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3791 by Andy
Just a thought if you have the resources available to code it.... would it be possible to have a setting that would resize images according to the dimensions in the module parameters but WITHOUT distorting the image dimensions.

Example:
I have a square logo 50x50 and a horizontal logo 200x50..... and I set the module parameters to width 200 and height 50....

CURRENT RESULT: My 200x50 image displays great.... but the 50x50 one is stretched 4 times wider than it should be, looking bad.
RESULT WITH "No Stretch" setting: My 200x50 image displays great and the 50x50 one shows in the center of a 200x50 container.... so still looking as it should.

This would be perfect wouldn't it? Surely the majority of users of this module are faced with this same problem. Hope you can seriously consider it?!
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3792 by NT
Hi Andybon,
Thanks for your comments. I will propose to my manager to be able to upgrade module "Jux logoshowcase" in the shortest time.
Best Regards,
-- NT--

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3793 by Andy
Thank you so much! That is the best news of the day by far for me :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I really hope this can be done!

For me, and I suspect many others, this is all that is missing in this module! I really hope your manager can see how important it is.... without that upgrade, it's just not going to work right... but with it, it will be AWESOME.

If you can please keep me updated on the response from your manager! Thanks B)
More
9 years 1 week ago #3969 by NT
Hi Andybon,
Ok. When we upgraded we will inform you.
Best Regards,
-- NT--

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy
Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds